Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Vintage Homemaker

Girls today aren't being taught the importance of a well maintained home and supportive wife and mother role. Very few young ladies desire a future in homemaking and even less have the skills bestowed upon them to succeed in it. Homemaking is truly a lost art in this day-in-age (Which is a shame because we have so many more amazing resources readily available to us now.) Hi, I am Amanda and I am a proud homemaker. At a very young age, I knew my calling in life was to be a wife and mother.
As a 26 year old woman, you can imagine that the art of homemaking was one I had to teach myself, since there aren't many places that teach this specific skill set these days. It used to be the norm that at a certain age, a young lady would begin diving into the world of domestic husbandry. Classes were taught in school and mothers were there to provide their domestic wisdom to their daughters.
OH how the times have changed!
Now it seems you are expected to live your days working whatever dead end job you can land, hire someone to do your cleaning for you, be consumed by technology, and squeeze in a meal when you can. I refuse to let that be my way of life! I want to do work that I find rewarding to my family and to myself. I want to feel accomplished when I put a little elbow grease into making my house a Home. I want to be able to sit down at a computer or television and not feel like I am rotting away in front of it. I want to be able to sit down to a nutritious homemade meal with my family every night and really enjoy our time together.
So if you agree, let me show you the finer things in life through the eyes of a homemaker! This blog will include Tips and Tricks for around the house, How-to's, DIY's, Recipes, Inspiration, Manners lessons, and What it means to maintain a Home. 

I so look forward to this beautiful journey with all of you by my side. 

                                                                -Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment